In conjunction with the DYTM Raja Dr Nazrin Shah KL Open Chess Championships 2014 and to provide a final practice session for young Malaysian talents participating in the National Age Group Championships from 12-14 April 2014, POLGAR Chess Asia is organising a one day rapid event on Sunday 6 April 2014 at the Olympic Sports Hotel.
POLGAR JUNIORS OPEN 2014
Rules & Regulations
1. The Challenge: There are three (3) categories of event at play – Under-8, 10, 12 & 16.
2. Eligibility: Players who are entitled to participate must not have reached the relevant ages before 1st January 2014.
3. Organiser: The Tournament is organized by the POLGAR Chess Asia (PCA) with the support of KLCA and will be played under the FIDE Laws of Chess.
4. Schedule: All participants are to report at venue 30 minutes before the scheduled starting time to register their attendance with the Arbiter. Registration will be closed at 8.45am. Tournament starts 9am & estimated completion time is 6pm after prize presentation. Lunch is available from 12-2pm.
5. Entry Fee: RM40 for students of Polgar & KLCA members, RM45 for others. Please add RM18 for buffet lunch if required & collect meal coupon from Organiser during registration (8.00-8.45am) on 6 Apr.
U-8 U-10 U12 & U-16
1st Trophy Trophy & 100 Trophy & 200
2nd Trophy Trophy & 80 Trophy & 150
3rd Trophy Trophy & 60 Trophy & 100
4th-5th Trophy Trophy & 50 Trophy & 80
6th-12th Trophy Trophy Trophy
7. Payment Mode: By cash or bank-in to 514187 214430 Maybank (Effective Commerce Sdn. Bhd). Please fax bank-slip with Entry Form to 03-2300 1689 or email to email@example.com.
8. Closing Date of registration: 31 March 2014, 7.00 pm. Late entries and entries without payment will not be accepted. Entry fees are non-refundable. Acceptance of entries is on first-come-first-serve basis as places are limited.
9. The organizer has the right to reject entry(s) and decide on appropriate changes according to the requirement of the tournament.